Thursday 2 October 2014

Illy Caffè!

Ciao my little shots of espresso

What's with the Italian? Well, this week I visited Illy Caffè. An espresso brand all the way from my home land of Italia. I'm not sure if any of my loyal readers have ever been to Italy or come from an Italian culture, so for those of you who don't know; In Italy, espresso is apart of the Italian culture and life style. Every meal in Italy involves a cup of a nice espresso to help digest the plate of pasta (or pizza) they just ate.

With all of that being said, Illy Caffè was absolutely amazing. Best coffee I've had in a very, VERY long time (ever since my last trip to Italy). As I drank my $2.65 medium double double it took me back to the mountains of Tuscany where I sipped my cappuccino thinking about how I really wished there was an Illy Caffè in Canada. My dream came true.

This week I visited the Illy Caffè location at Yorkdale mall.  The overall look of the coffee shoppe was so beautiful and modern. The Illy colour scheme is red, brown and white. The shoppe was inclosed in glass walls and had many tables and chairs overlooking the mall halls. (1 bean point)

When I entered the shoppe I was greeted almost immediately. Once I was greeted, the Illy barista took out a sheet of paper and asked me for my order, he then proceeded to write it down on the paper and started making my drink, as he was making my coffee, he gave the sheet to the cashier who then cashed me out. After a few short minutes, the barista gave me my drink and directed me to the table behind me; so I could put my own cream or milk. (1 bean point)

For a luxurious Italian coffee brand, the coffee's price was very reasonable. (1 bean point)

The coffee was absolutely delicious. I could, for once, actually taste the favour of the actual coffee bean. I don't know how to describe how great it was, but I can honestly say it was the best coffee thus far. Way to go Illy! (1 bean point)

Unfortunately, there was no drive-thru option provided. Seeing as it was located in a mall, and they had no other option, I will award them half a bean point for the convenience of their location in the mall (right before the food court), unless anyone objects. (.5 bean point)



Now it's time for the run-down:

Flavour: 1 bean point
Price: 1 bean point
Ambiance: 1 bean point
Drive-Thru: .5 bean point
Customer Service: 1 bean point

Total Score: 4.5/5 total bean points!




For right now, Illy's only location is in Yorkdale mall. I am really hoping they will start to expand and become one of Canada's leading coffee franchises. They have my vote!



What do you think? Have you ever tried Illy Caffè? Let me know!




Next week's location.......... IS YOUR CHOICE! send me an email (or comment on below) to let me know where you'd like me to visit next!



Reminder:
Last week Starbucks' score: 3/5 Bean Points
Two weeks ago Tim Hortons' score: 2.5/5 Bean Points


Until next week, Arrivederci!

Stay Caffeinated.


Don't forget to follow me on social media!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheBeanMovement
Twitter: @TheBeanMovement
Google: thebeanmovement@gmail.com
Instagram: TheBeanMovement
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thebeanmovement




No comments:

Post a Comment